Bachelor in International Aviation Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 210 ECTS
- Course language: 100% English
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Campus: Bad Honnef & Partner university abroad
- Duration: 7 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad: 1 semester at one of our partner universities
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
- Study & Fly: Become a commercial pilot
Lift up yourself, where you belong
Whether as an airport consultant for global commissioning projects or as a strategic account manager for a logistics company – nothing works in the aviation industry without expertise and an excellent command of English. As a graduate of our Aviation Management degree programme, you work for traditional airlines such as Lufthansa and Air France-KLM, for low-budget airlines such as Eurowings, as well as for handling companies, aircraft manufacturers and maintenance companies. We provide you with optimum preparation for your international career in seven semesters: The 7th semester is spent at an international partner university of the IU abroad. During your studies, both in Germany and abroad, you can significantly improve your language skills and earn additional ECTS credits. Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
What you will learn from us
As part of your Bachelor degree in International Aviation Management, you will learn about the specifics of the aviation industry with its global networks, management challenges and mechanisms.
- You develop comprehensive knowledge of law, marketing and financing in aviation.
- You acquire basic business know-how, for example in the areas of micro and macroeconomics, statistics and accounting.
- After choosing a specialisation, for example in airline marketing or in sales and e-commerce, you will receive further qualifications for your desired area.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
- Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent
- Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
Knowledge of English
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
As a graduate in International Aviation Management you are in demand internationally.