DBA in Corporate Social Responsibility
The world is rapidly facing new environmental, economic and social challenges, and corporations more than ever need to be proactive in confronting them. Future business leaders will be called on to help solve the next great problems of the 21st century.
With that in mind, GBS has developed an online doctorate program that allows students to specialize in CSR issues and benefit from the supervision and mentorship of Professor Michael Hopkins, one of the world’s leading experts on both the theory and practice of CSR.
The GBS DBA encourages practical implementation of the concepts learned in class. Students on the program will be invited to join an international network of CSR practitioners and researchers. Special emphasis will be placed on students developing their own CSR initiatives.
Corporate Social Responsibility at a glance
● Corporate Social Responsibility is concerned with treating the stakeholders of a company or institution ethically or in a responsible manner. ‘Ethically or responsible’ means treating key stakeholders in a manner deemed acceptable according to international norms.
● Social includes economic and environmental responsibility. Stakeholders exist both within a firm and outside.
● The wider aim of social responsibility is to create higher and higher standards of living, while preserving the profitability of the corporation or the integrity of the institution, for peoples both within and outside these entities.
● Corporate means any body private, public or NGO.
● CSR is a process to achieve sustainable development in societies.
The CSR DBA follows the same six-course online structure as our DBA in International Management, but with some differences in course content. During the first and second courses, students will also take a specialized short course on CSR which has been co-developed by Professor Hopkins and the DBA team. Throughout the DBA, students will be in constant contact with Professor Hopkins and the DBA program manager, Dr. Oliver Elliott, and will be asked to take part in occasional workshops, events and sessions on CSR topics.
Admission Criteria for Doctorate Programs (DBA)
● Completion of Master in the relevant field.
● IELTS 7.0 / TOEFL 85 (English Official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
Application Process Requirements:
● Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and academic certificates obtained
● Photocopy of valid passport / National ID
● 1 reference letter
● 5 page - Thesis ProposalFees Structure
● Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
● Administration Fee: € 1.900 (One-time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
● Tuition per term*: € 3.900 (Total 3-year program / 9 terms*) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
* One year = 3 terms