Executive MBA (ENG) – UB
: 60 ECTS
: 11 months
Idioma de Impartición
Online Executive MBA in English
The OBS Executive MBA stresses the strategic, international and innovative vision of business management
The transformations occurring in the world today require a thorough analysis of new competitive scenarios and the application of new business models. The growing, complex volatility of global economies and their unquestionable interdependence colours our environment with uncertainty and ambiguity.
In this context, professionals must react quickly to change and make decisions according to the new needs of the company, and also think about creating value for stakeholders in the company.
The OBS Executive MBA stresses the strategic, international and innovative vision of business management, meaning that anyone responsible for a business, or a department thereof, must have a holistic view of the company, understanding that any strategic decision must be in line with the company’s strategy and be implemented in an innovative way.
The programme focuses on developing the skills needed to lead a business project, manage a department in a company or start up your own business, such as:
- Developing the ability to analyse and make decisions in a global environment of great uncertainty.
- Developing the management tools and skills needed for leading global companies and institutions.
- Reflecting how to improve, enhance or transform the design of organisations when faced with new global challenges.
- Providing methodological tools to manage innovative, international companies efficiently and effectively.
- Developing human talent (high performance teams).
- Networking, exchange of ideas and learning from others.
- Working as a team in multicultural environments.
- Multilateral solutions within and outside the company.
The general objective of the Executive MBA is to develop all the needed competencies and skills that let an individual to lead a organizational project, to be responsabile of a company area or to begin a own business.
The study plan of the Executive MBA is designed to achieve the following specific objectives:
- Providing the capacity to develop the most relevant managerial skills continuously.
- Providing an integrated, comprehensive view of general management and the role of the company in its wider environment. Knowing the global nature of business activities, differentiating responsibilities carried out by every department in the company.
- Giving participants a broad overview of the company, a view of a complex system in a constantly changing reality.
- Promoting an attitude of initiative and active management.
- Acquiring key knowledge and developing essential skills to strategically manage the business.
- Designing innovative strategies and policies that improve business management and business efficiency.
- Developing and implementing strategies for growth, adapting to the changing international business environment.
- Fostering teamwork and involving all departments of a company in the management of business projects.
- Providing participants with solid business training, stressing the latest trends and developments of business management.
- Encouraging the development and improvement of personal and managerial skills.
- Increasing the ability of managers to make decisions in an increasingly complex and more unstable environment.
- Promoting the ability to detect, analyse and solve problems, encouraging entrepreneurship by drawing up a business plan.
Participants in the Executive MBA develop the following skills and abilities
- Global strategic thinking in order to understand and integrate the company as a whole, as well as the geographical environment or sector it competes in.
- Increased ability in analysing and synthesising accurately to systematically and realistically identify the factors generating problems or opportunities, in order to make the correct decisions.
- Using new business management and decision making technologies effectively.
- Improved ability to communicate clearly and convincingly, developing presentation techniques for large audiences and everyday situations of the company.
- Ability to adapt to working in teams with people from very diverse geographical, professional, academic and cultural origins.
- Ability to achieve a high degree of organisational efficiency in the development of multidisciplinary projects carried out by people located in different environments.
- As a result of the above skills, being flexible becomes easier, in order to adapt to change.
Syllabus of the EMBA in English
The structure and duration of the Executive MBA ensures that the objectives and the detailed competencies are attained. The complexity of running a business requires extensive development of the different functional areas involved, along with the development of the management, communication and motivational skills to articulate the strategic vision of the company.
The Programme is divided into four stages, which provide knowledge and skills for the different departments of a company. The stages match the strategic business creation process: the design of the strategy, implementation, growth strategies and strategic monitoring and control.
This programme will guide the participant through the different departments of a company, learning about the responsibilities of each area, the key concepts needed to direct them, all without neglecting the general vision for the company.
Thanks to the Executive MBA, students will learn managerial skills within one year, and will also obtain the most current, practical and innovative business skills needed to lead a department or company.
Once the participant has been guided through all the departments of a company, the journey will end with the Final Project, which begins after completing the first third of the programme. It runs parallel to studying in the programme and is defended a month after completing the final module, in order for students to have a period of time dedicated to it. The Final Project will combine and use all the knowledge learned in a given situation (company, department, division, international activity or development of a new business project).
- Global Economic Environment
- Organisational Design
- Financial Diagnosis
- Principles of Marketing: from idea generation to Market
- Strategic Management and Innovation
- Corporate Financial Management
- Internationalisation Strategies and Global Marketing
- People and Talent Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Digital marketing strategies
- Strategies for digital transformation
- Data analysis for decision making
- Cross-Cultural management
- Management planning and control
- Commercial direction and sales management
- Investment valuation and portfolio management
- Money and capital markets
Development of Management Skills
- Leadership and Change Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Developing Strategic Plans
- Final Project (Business Plan and/or Business Game)
Requirements and Qualifications
Application process and certification Executive MBA in English
The fundamental goal of our application process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience via a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
What are the stages of the application process?
STEP 1: The candidate must meet our application prerequisites.
STEP 2: If the candidate profile fulfils these, a telephone interview with a member of the Application Department will be conducted.
STEP 3: Having passed the interview, the candidate must submit the required documentation to start the application process, including a letter of motivation.
Beforehand the candidate will have to complete the application form, which will collect information and documentation supporting his/her academic and professional profile: Curriculum vitae, letter of reference/recommendation, academic degree and language accreditation certificate if necessary.
STEP 4: With this documentation and the report from the Application Advisor, the Application Committee shall examines the candidate's record and certify that he/she meets the profile to complete the Master’s.
STEP 5: The Application Advisor will inform the candidate of the decision made by the Application Committee, which will enable the candidate to enrol in the programme if positive.
People who successfully complete the programme will earn a Master’s from OBS Business School also, participants who meet the academic requirements set for universities will obtain the Master’s from the University of Barcelona (UB)