Master in Political Marketing & Communications
The Master offers you a training of excellence, global networking and many others benefits for your professional and personal development. Various teaching formulas are available to suit every requirement; students from more than 140 countries of the world.
Duration: 12 months
Formula: In Rome or Online
Working in politics has never required as many professional competencies as in this historical period. Playing an active role in an electoral campaign or in the life of a party, but also writing about politics on a daily basis, are activities that, without specific training and without the mastery of the most up-to-date techniques, risk being unproductive.In such a framework, the Master in Political Marketing & Communications has been designed to enable all those who wish to be or are already involved in these topics to acquire a store of operational knowledge and capabilities of excellence.
The Master in Political Marketing & Communications is a course of excellence aimed at a maximum of 20 participants that wish to acquire competencies of excellence in the effective management of the communication and marketing processes linked to political activities and electoral campaigns.
Structure (duration – 1 year)
Modes of attendance
- Six months of lectures
- Six months dedicated to final project work
- Visits at international companies and organizations
- Integrative cultural programme
- Seminars and events
This Master course can be attended in English, either on campus or by distance learning, in Part-Time formula (2 two-hours lectures per week).
Web and Social media for politics
- Market research for politics
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning for politics
- Political-Electoral marketing mix
- Marketing 2.0 and 3.0 for politics
- Web and Social Media campaign planning, implementation and control for politics
- Using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ for political communication
- Political blogging
- Emailing techniques
Political Press Office
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication
- Feedback effectiveness
- Active listening
- Steps for an effective public presentation
- Political journalism
- The Press Office
- The planning of activities
- Implementing actions and monitoring results.
The electoral system and its specificity
- Choice and ideation of the most suitable event in order to reach objectives
- Project definition
- Budget definition through the evaluation of economic aspects
- Promotion: online through social media and offline through traditional media
- Practical organization of the event.
Political-electoral research and surveys
- Plurality systems
- Majority systems
- Proportional systems
- Mixed systems
Leadership for politics
- Pre-election polls
- Candidate and party campaign analyses
- Leader and political party positioning analyses
- Campaign impact evaluations
- Election projections and post-election surveys
- Interpersonal influence
- Leadership styles
- The techniques
Fundraising for politics
- Role and activity evolution
- Strategies and techniques
- Excellency cases
Electoral campaign management
- Fundraising patterns
- The management of the relationship with donors
- Budgeting and staffing models
- Effective and ethical profiles
- Phone banking, canvassing and special events
Innovative communication techniques for politics
- Human resources management and organisation for an electoral campaign
- The thematic campaign
- Territorial campaign
- Cases studies
International excellency cases
- Graphic, video and digital design
- Modelling and 3D animation
- Augmented reality
- Mobile apps
- Video mapping
- Edsegovi’s HOLOS model (Mexico).
Attending this Master’s Degree course entitles to:
- The inclusion of your CV in the Rome Business School’s database and its distribution to businesses, organizations and headhunters belonging to the Rome Business School’s international network;
- A free CV review;
- Support in the management of job interviews;
- Networking meetings with international managers, professionals and business owners;
- A personalized search and flagging service for the best job opportunities in Italy and abroad.
On completing the programme, participants will be able to:
- structure precise operational plans and strategies for the promotion of a political candidate or group
- make the best use of social media and of the web for political-electoral marketing and communication ends
- learn about new visual and off-line means of communication for a winning placement in the political-electoral market
- enhance their public speaking capabilities also in terms of consultancy to others
- correctly set up and manage an electoral campaign
- know and understand the peculiarities of the different electoral systems
- utilising and designing political-electoral research and surveys
- identify and add value to different leadership styles
- know the best techniques for the organisation of a political event
- realising effective fundraising campaigns
- managing press office activities aimed at the promotion of political candidates or parties
- master the most evolved spin doctoring techniques
- acquire an overview of some of the best practices in the international context
World Class Teachers
The Master’s Degree course faculty is made up of highly selected international university professors, trainers and business managers, drawn from a variety of operational and professional fields and thus able to bring to the table a rich array of up-to-date experiences and competencies. The teaching approach is aimed at the acquisition of know-how, thus at transferring competencies truly useful for the attendees’ professional development.
Rome Business School’s Master in Political Marketing & Communications is accredited by VIU– Universidad Internacional de Valencia. At the completion of the course you will therefore be awarded with a double certification: a diploma from Rome Business School and one from VIU, with 60 internationally recognized university credits (60 ECTS).
For both the on-campus and the distance-learning courses, attendees can always count on the assistance of a tutor for any clarifications they may require, for the completion of the tests and exercises required by each module and for the final project.
Students registered for the Master’s Degree course will be issued with a wealth of learning materials, including slides, textbooks, case studies, articles, videos, and useful internet links.
Registering In The Rome Business School’s Alumni Association
Attendance in the Master’s Degree course entitles to become part of the Rome Business School’s Alumni Association, the international network through which students of the Rome Business School can share ideas, experiences, and projects. Many facilitations are also available for attending further training courses.
The Rome Business School prizes intercultural exchange as a source of personal and professional development. Students from 5 continents regularly attend its courses.
All applicants must have a three-year degree (or be near completion). Those with relevant professional qualifications or extensive professional experience will also be considered. Applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency during an interview. For both the on-campus and distance learning options and in order to ensure a high-quality training course, classes can consist of a maximum of 15 attendees.
Submit your application, attaching your CV and your motivational letter in English.
The Rome Business School recruitment team will evaluate your request and will contact you if further documents are required. The complete applications will be examined by the academic selection committee. All candidates deemed suitable by the selection committee will support an interview with one of our specialists. The interview can take place in presence or remotely via Skype. Within 2 days of the interview, we will send you an email reply indicating the result of the application and the information necessary to complete the registration. In case of a negative outcome, you will still receive an official communication.
The deadline for international students is 45 days from the beginning of the course and for EU students it is 15 days from the beginning of the course. Applications will be evaluated according to the order of the submission date.
For each teaching formula, partial scholarships are available to cover part of the tuition fee. Scholarships will be assigned based on the personal, experiential and technical-motivational profile of the candidates.
The payment of the participation fee is installable. In the case of payment of the participation fee in a single solution, the student will benefit from a 10% discount.