MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Official) - Barcelona - English
: Full TimeIdioma
: OctubreEdad Nacional
: 21-60Edad Internacional
: 21-40Estudios Mínimos Nacionales
: A partir de Bachillerato (ID 4)Estudios mínimos Internacionales
: A partir de FP (ID 5)Introduction
This program will be conducted in English
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the programme particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
This program is also conducted in Spanish in Madrid, in Barcelona and Online methodology.Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places)
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Official status of the qualification.
- Language: The entire program is run in English.
- Multicultural approach: Over 85% of the students are international, ensuring valuable multicultural insight on the various disciplines covered on the program.
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, with physical models, enabling participants to tackle the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context very similar to the real world that executives face in the course of their daily duties
- International faculty: Part of the content on certain courses is taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner business schools and universities.
- Fieldwork projects on experiences hospitality and tourism management in hotels in tourist destinations around Barcelona.
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
- Skills Management Residential Course: Intensive weekend (with two nights included) working on executive skills.
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
INTERNATIONAL VISION OF THE TOURISM INDUSTRY.
Providing executive tuition with an international vision of the tourism industry, together with a flexible and adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global setting. Integrating the main spheres of tourism management from an interdisciplinary and comprehensive perspective.
Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies. Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and businesspeople in the tourism sector in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.Study Programme
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses covering the following topics:
Módulo 1: Global Environment and Markets.
- Socio-economic context and the tourism industry - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Tourism marketing and sales in global settings - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 2: Human Resources Management.
- Talent management in hospitality - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Executive skills for hospitality organizations - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 3: International Management.
- Financial management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Information Tech. Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- International Financial Risk Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 4: Corporate Internationalization.
- Global Strategic Management - 5 Credits - Compulsory
- Corporate Internationalization - 5 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 5: Master's thesis.
- Master's thesis - 15 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 6: Elective Courses.
- Accommodation management and Revenue & Yield Management - 3 Credits - Optative
- Strategic Food & Beverage Management - 3 Credits - Optative
- Leisure & Sports Management - 3 Credits - Optative
- Competitiveness and innovation in hospitality - 3 Credits - Optative
- Operations in hospitality - 3 Credits - Optative
To ensure excellent tuition at Ostelea, the role played by our team of teachers is fundamental. As such, Ostelea boasts an excellent team of highly-respected lecturers in each field of tuition.
Ostelea’s faculty is comprised of a team of highly qualified and renowned team of university lecturers, professionals and professors, who ensure that the objectives set for each programme and professional activity are met.Professional Careers
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability.
To this end, it gives students access to the Tourism Skills Development Program and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include (subject to offer):
Key Professional Opportunities related to this Master include
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
- The Tourism Skills Development Program includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
- Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
- Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
- Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
- Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
- Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
- Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
- Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
- Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor
- Admission and Qualification Process:
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
Financial Aid Program
- Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (OFFICIAL), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
Ostelea ha sido reconocida por las principales asociaciones del sector turístico y de la formación. Formamos parte de OMT (Organización Mundial de Turismo) y somos uno de los miembros de su Red de Conocimiento, la más importante del sector. Ostelea también ha sido invitada a formar parte de CHRIE (Council of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education), la principal red internacional de centros universitarios de turismo (con sede en Estados Unidos de América) y a la que solo pertenecemos dos miembros en España. También Ostelea decidió adherirse en 2015 a PRME, la campaña de Naciones Unidas para promover una educación responsable en management. Además, somos miembros activos de AEPT (Asociación Española de Profesionales de Turismo), AEDH (Asociación Española de Directores de Hotel), EARTH (European Alliance of Responsible Tourism and Hospitality) y ATLAS (Association for Tourism and Leisure Education and Research).