MSc in Marketing Management
Marketing and advertising relies more and more on behaviour sciences that analyse the true motivation of consumers. Be an expert in consumer behaviour, marketing research, communication and management with our British master's programme.Programme Content
MSc in Marketing Management programme (ranked no. 6 in Eastern Europe!*) develops knowledge and skills in business and marketing and directs students towards the commercial environment. The programme also seeks to encourage one's creative expression and help smooth a path to this exciting sector. Our graduates are represented in an extremely diverse range of multinational, national and local organisations the world over, including sales, advertising, account management, PR and market research.
*Eduniversal Master Ranking
"It's a practical programme. We have a lot of assignments and we have to do a lot of research, but we get a lot of support from everybody. Great staff, great professors."
Pedro Delgado Cara D'Anjo, Portugal, MSc student
- Duration of study period: 12 months
- Starting date: September
- Degree awarded by: The University of Buckingham
- Campus: Budapest, Vienna**
- Admission criteria: Relevant bachelor degree
- Language of tuition: English
** The start of each MSc programme depends on a sufficient number of students (at least 7 students per programme).
Key areas of studies
Consumer behaviour, marketing research, marketing communication, contemporary issues in marketing, digital marketing, corporate communications, marketing of services, business strategy, cross cultural management skills. The curriculum is indicative and is subject to change.Part / Module
1 / Principles and Practices of Marketing
1 / Consumer Behaviour
2 / Marketing Communication
2 / Marketing Research
1 - 2 / Academic Skills
3 / Contemporary Issues in Marketing
3 / Digital Marketing
3 / Marketing Management Elective*
3 / Research Methods for Social Sciences**
4 / Business Strategy
4 / Cross-cultural Management Skills
*Marketing Management Electives
Marketing of Services
** Prerequisite: Academic SkillsKnowledge & Understanding
Students upon graduation should be equipped with:
Disciplinary & Professional Skills
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- contemporary issues of marketing, including the phenomenon of new media and social media;
- the current interpretation of brands and entertainment marketing;
- how CSR, responsible and ethical marketing can add value to profitable business strategies;
- appropriate techniques to deal with complex issues critical to the success of multinational firms.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
"Marketing does no longer belong exclusively to the business world. Understanding marketing is understanding the society around us, as it became the most exciting social science of our times."
- To create an opportunity for students to occupy mid-level marketing management positions in companies and develop international managerial skills.
- To study, review and put into practice both the “tried and tested” techniques and the latest concepts in the field of marketing management.
- To deepen the students’ ability to apply, develop and critically appraise current techniques, theories and practices encountered in the marketing environment of local and international firms.
- To develop critical awareness of the global business environment and the relevant marketing tools required to make a business or organisation successful in an increasingly competitive world.
- To develop international managers, skilled in interpersonal and cross-cultural communications, and equipped with up-to-date knowledge on marketing management.
- To create a global and strategic mindset and to develop sensitivity to learning from other cultures.
- To build an appreciation in students of the need to continuously develop skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
Bálint Nagy, Head of the Department of MarketingCareer Opportunities
Graduates will be able to pursue careers in a wide range of marketing roles at a creative agency or in the media sector including Product Management, Sales, Advertising, Public Relations and Market Research.
Recent IBS graduates are working as brand managers or sales executives at PR/marketing/advertising agencies or in the FMCG sector, in the health industry or in the media.