Brand Management (M.A).
Academic Degree: Master of Arts
Duration of Study: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS // 3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTS
ECTS : 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)
StartingMaster course: 15th March
Pre-Semester: 1st October
Online Pre-Semester: 15th March
Location: Munich and Berlin
Who can apply: This is a non-consecutive Master’s programme, i.e., it is open for students with undergraduate degree in diverse areas.
: Apply online with the following documents: University/B.A. degree with 210 ECTS; if you have only 180 ECTS, you can earn the required extra credits in the Pre-semester ; TOEFL (at least 72 out of 120) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9) or equivalent; Curriculum Vitae, letter of recommendation by your lecturer or employer and a motivation statement Create and shape the brands of tomorrow
Do you want to understand the real business value of brands? Structural changes in today’s population and the digitalisation of our society demand new brand management skills. Digital branding forms a new core competence for agencies and companies. Brands play an important role in business and society.
Managing brands without thinking about digital platforms is inconceivable today. Not only do traditional brand leadership and management need to be evaluated, but special attention needs to be given to the role of social media platforms and co-creation. Creative and strategic planning skills as well as the crossmedia usage of all media channels are required in order to develop and manage brands effectively.
Students specialising in brand management learn about current brand management issues and gain awareness for the interrelation of brands within complex brand architectures. This area of specialisation teaches students how to combine the field of management with creative planning and prepares them for leadership roles and tasks in brand development, marketing communication and design functions.
Here is an excerpt of your modules for the Master in Brand Management:
Your competencies after the Master's degree in Brand Management
- Brand management
- Brand development
- Marketing Communications
- Product strategy
- Social media strategy
As a graduate in brand management, you are able to act as the interface between management and creative strategy and lead projects in the area of brand development, marketing communication and design.
You will develop these competences during the lectures from your highly experienced professors and through practical projects. You will have many opportunities to apply and test your learning in practical projects, often with top companies in our partner network. In our project portal , you can get the first impression of our project partners and some great examples of past student projects. With your master thesis, you will be able to prove your profound knowledge in the last semester of your studies. The rich practice element and focus on application ensures that you have concrete skills that will benefit you in your professional life.
After the M.A. in Brand Management, numerous career opportunities open up for you in international companies. In addition to your expertise in brand management, your knack for creativity, innovative thinking along with a positive attitude towards change will help you distinguish yourself in the international job market.
You can find challenging managerial positions corporations, media companies, ad agencies, retailers, luxury manufacturers, marketing agencies and consultancies. Some examples of potential roles could be the following:
Admission requirements and pre-semester
- Senior marketing manager
- Brand manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Marketing director
- Product manager
- Brand consultant
1. University/B.A. degree with at least 210 ECTS
If you have only 180 ECTS, we offer you the option of obtaining the required extra 30 ECTS in a Pre-Semester course which you can complete in one of the following ways:
2. English language proficiency
- Attendance based pre-semester: This is an on-campus course that starts in the winter semester to ensure that you can join the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
- Online Pre-Semester: You can take the online pre-semester course in parallel with the first semester of your master’s course in the summer semester.
TOEFL test with at least 72 out of 120 points or IELTS with at least 6.0 out of 9 is required. Equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable.
Your benefits at Macromedia University.
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: Top 6 and Top 9 of the “Best Student Cities 2017” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities